Video by: Helen
Chanel Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/HelenRecipes
- 1 kg mussels 2.2 lb (eg. NewZealand Greenshell)
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup spring onion chopped
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt (or 2 tsp fish sauce)
- 1 tsp tapioca/corn starch
- 1 tsp chili sauce
- 1 tbsp ginger julienned
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 4 tbsp crush peanuts
- 4 tbsp cripsy fried shallot
- 1 wedge of lime
- Clean the mussels, arrange neatly on a baking tray lined with aluminum foil. Brush/drizzle melted butter on each mussel. Grill on charcoal or in a preheated ovenat 200°C/400°F) for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine oyster sauce, water, sugar, salt, and tapioca starch. Stir well.
make spring onion oil, in a small saucepan, heat 3 tbsp oil on high,
add the chopped spring onion and stir-fry for 15 seconds, then transfer
to a bowl, saving 1tbsp oil in the pan.
the sauce to the above pan together with ginger and garlic. Bring to a
boil and simmer on low heat for 2-3 minutes untill slightly thickened.
- Dizzle the sauce on each mussel and grill for another 5 mins.
- Garnish each mussel with spring onion oil, crushed peanuts and cripsy fried shallot. Serve with a wedge of lime.